We’re under a week out now, so here’s the final two sets of tournament rules for events that’ll take place at PLAYBACK III on July 29th:
First up, Bomberman on the Turbografx-16!
Player Cap: 32.
- Depending on player participation, hosts reserve the right to issue first-round byes to those who sign up first in order to have even brackets.
- Any who sign up past the initial 32 will be set as Alternates in the event that any of the original 32 no-show their match.
Format: Free-For-All, 4-Player matches.
Settings: Map is referee’s discretion. Depending on the number of players, some matches may feature fewer players.
- Round 1
- Match is Best-Of-3
- Top 2 players in each group advance to Round 2, based on the number of wins in the match.
- In the event of a tie for second place in a first-round matchup, those two players will play a 1-Win match to determine who moves on.
- Round 2
- Match is Best-Of-3.
- Only the winner of the match advances.
- Championship Match
- Match is Best-Of-5.
Last, but by no means least, is the Ms. Pac-Man Arcade High Score Challenge!
- The Challenge runs from 12 noon until 4 pm.
- Players let the arcade room attendant know they want to make a run. The attendant will watch the player’s attempt and record their score.
- Players may make multiple attempts in order to better their score.
- If another attendee is waiting to play the machine, the player must relinquish the machine until it is free again. (Form a line, folks!)
- The player with the highest score at the end of The Challenge wins the prize!
Be sure to pick up your tickets for July 29th!
PLEASE NOTE: The event organizers reserve the right to alter these rules as needed to best serve our attendees and/or respond to technical issues.